The Royal Ascot 2012 was full of Mad Hatters and Elegant Hatters alike!… Choosing my Top 10 hats this year was a bit tricker than last year because there were much more options this year (even though there were new dress code regulations!!!)
The first three options were the easiest for me because I simply fell in love with them!!!
1. Lara Stone wore the perfect hat!!… it had just the right amount of craziness!!!
2. Princess Haya’s hat wasn’t as busy as Lara’s hat but it was still fun, modern, and chic.
3. Sophie, Countess of Wessex wore a beautiful hat by Jane Taylor… loved the lace!
4. I loved the shape and colour of The Queen’s hat on her. It almost looked like a twisted top hat and really made her look cheerful!!!
5.6.7. This fashionista wore Piers Atkinson’s Hyper Cherry Head Band that Anna Dello Russo made famous!!!
8. I am counting these 2 hats as one because they go together!!! One had champagne glasses and the other had the bottle!
9. Dutch designer Larisa Katz’s wore a crazzzy umbrella hat!!! I don’t envy the person who sat behind her lol !!!
10. And now that all the other events are over in london we can get ready for the Olympics
Queen Elizabeth’s impressive collection of diamonds have always fascinated me…. and I am so excited that an exclusive exhibition will be held this summer showcasing her entire collection to the public to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee.
will be part of the 2012 Summer Opening of Buckingham Palace from 30 June to 7 October.
The event will include an unprecedented display of a number of the Queen’s personal jewels that have been either inherited or acquired during her reign. It will also reveal how many of these extraordinary stones have undergone a number of transformations, have been re-cut or incorporated into new settings during their fascinating history and will also feature the many ways in which her diamonds have been used by British monarchs over the last 200 years….
This is my very favorite set from the royal collection
Aren’t they just fabulous? If you are in London during this time make sure you go and have a look!!!
The Royal Ascot is one of the world’s most famous equestrian events, and is marked in every British social calendar. The press coverage of what people are wearing or should I say what hats people are wearing surprisingly exceeds the coverage of the race itself. As usual this year there was a lot of press coverage of those mad hatters, and it came as no surprise that a lot of people just went over the top with their hats ! … I must say though, its always fun to see how creative people can get in expressing themselves through hats…..
Here are my top 10 Hats from the Royal Ascot 2011:
1. From all the mad hats that I saw this one was my favorite ( worn by Belinda Strudwick ). It was crazy and classy at the same time ! ….
The hat from a different angle ( because I love it so much and would have worn it myself -though my husband says that it looks like a vegetable dish ! lol )
2 & 3. HM Queen Elizabeth II. The hats were fun enough for the Ascot but sober enough for the Queen!
4. HRH Princess Beatrice of York. I love the fact that she always finds away to stand out of the crowed. And what better way to stand out of the crowd in Royal Ascot? ….Why, its to wear a plain hat ofcourse ! Although it was plain, her fashion statement wasn’t !!!!! ….. and it looked really nice on her.
9. Isabell Kristensen reminded me of Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle
in My Fair Lady.